Miami, FL

will abilify (aripiprazole) take away some if the muscular rigidity gotten from other ssri medications now stopped bc it is a partial dopa/sero antagonist?

Dr. Chevies Newman
I am not sure the: Ssri has caused muscular rigitity. It likely hasn't helped much, with your level of tissue problems. Consider an snri, like cymbalta, which helps pain and mood. Abilify (aripiprazole) will not cure muscular rigitity. It's mechanism is unlikely to cause more but it could. Do you sleep poorly at night or grind your teeth? If so, needs management. Sleep key to muscular health, Clonazepam 1 mg at bed may help.