A male asked:

abilify (aripiprazole) medication abilify (aripiprazole) should be taken in am or pm and how long does it take to get full effect from it thank yoy

Dr. Marina Doulova
Abilify (aripiprazole) : Abilify (aripiprazole) is a once a day medication. It can be taken ether in the morning or at night, depending on tolerance or symptoms you are treating. For example, if you have difficulty maintaining sleep, or feeling tired in the mornings, it is better to take it at night. If you are too irritable during the day, it is better to take it in the morning. The full effect of the medication can be reached within 1-2 weeks, though for severe symptoms the medication needs to be adjusted and it may take longer to achieve the remission of the symptoms. In some cases, patients report no improvement after 2 months of trial. In this situation, you may need to change the medication. I hope the information is helpful.
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 34 years experience
14Days: It is fine to take abilify in the am or pm, whichever you remember better, or at night if it makes you tired am if you feel at all activated by it. Should be at steady state in 14days.