Son, 35,tsh is 4.76 but other thyroid functions in range, would this need treatment or can it be monitored? no symptoms, just discovered in routine blood test. doc did not give meds, is this ok? is it dangerous to leave? no other health issues?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

The TSH is ranging on the high side; and I do agree with the physician that there is no medication given. He does not have symptoms and the blood test could be repeated in the future; however it is not dangerous to not give medication at that TSH level.

Answered 12/7/2022

0 views

All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, the TSH level is at the borderline for hypothyroidism. However, retesting in 3-6 months would be harmless. Wish you good health!

Answered 12/7/2022

0 views