Australia

I had a large fall face first today and cut my head open and chipped a tooth. went to the docs and they said stuff about the pulp in tooth etc. i looked at my teeth myself and saw both front teeth have cracks all through them. will they need to go?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 42 years experience
Have your dentition examined by a dentist. Together with radiographs s/he can determine if there is any damage and appropriate treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 56 years experience
The trauma from the fall could cause the nerves in your teeth to die and then you would root canals. If the cracks are so noticeable than laminates or crowns will have to be constructed before or after, if root canals are needed. See your dentist for exam and x-rays, time will tell if root canals are indicated.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 55 years experience
That's a decision to be made with your Dentist. Your Dentist can evaluate the viability of the teeth and the appropriate care. And the sooner you see the Dentist, the better the prognosis.
Last updated Sep 23, 2022