NH

Will a broken elbow (vertical fracture on the radial head) cause pain and weakness in wrist/hand? or could it be a whole other injury? ive been having a hard time moving my hand and wrist. fingers have been swollen and i cant move my hand palm up?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 44 years experience
A nerve injury due to a broken elbow can cause wrist and hand weakness but it should not cause the swollen fingers. You probably have a hand injury at the same time. You should be re-examined and may need to have X-ray of the wrist & hand done.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 20, 2022