Jacksonville, FL

I had pneumonia in november and have had shortness of breath since then. my cta from 2 days ago said left base atelactasis is noted and no pe or pnemonothorax. can it be treated? my d-dimer was 0.59 and my o2 is usually 97-98?

Dr. Tinuola Adeyanju
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 40 years experience
Stop the anxiety and make conscious efforts to take deep breadth in when you remember. If you smoke or around people that smoke you need to remove that and also cut dust and fumes. Is there family history of lung problems may be what you should look into, however it may just be scarring of the lung depending on exposure and the severity of the pneumonia that is causing prolonged period of recovery
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 7, 2022