FL

Brain mri revealed an incidental finding of mucosal thickening in the right sphenoid sinus. my doctor said my mri was normal. doesnt this mean i have a sinus infection?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
It is a common finding when CT or MRI of the head is done. Yes, you might have a ethmoid sinusitis in the past during a bad viral syndrome.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Neurology 53 years experience
The images show signs of an older prior sinus infection in sphenoid sinus, but if that was the sole finding, your films would be considered normal, currently. If concerned about a current upper respiratory tract infection, contact your doctor and discuss in detail.
Last updated May 14, 2022