I had an mri done of my brain & the doctor just said it said i had sinus disease. is that just a sinus infection?

Dr. Neil Halin
Interventional Radiology 41 years experience
Maybe: "sinus disease" is likely a catchall phrase. It would normally include chronic sinusitis, allergic sinusitis, sinus polyps and certainly bacterial or viral infection. If you are not symptomatic (pain, fever, greenish discharge) and you have allergies, this is all likely due to the allergies. If you have problems related to your sinuses then you might want to visit an ENT speicalist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 8, 2021