MI

30 by 6 by 3 mm is the size of the cyst i have on my overies. went to emergency room and they just put me on 2 powerful antibiotics. is this normal or a cyst? and how big or small is this?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
Ovarian cyst of that size is not uncommon and I do not think those antibiotics for this cyst. What were your symptoms and what was the diagnosis by ER doctor?
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Berryman
If the test to determine the size of the ovarian cyst was an ultrasound , and if the cyst was not described as "complex", the cyst may resolve by spontaneous rupture. If it was a "complex" cyst, see a GYN physician, who may suggest a biopsy and/or removal of the cyst. The use of antibiotics will only treat infectious causes, and not spontaneous causes of cyst formation.
Last updated Jan 27, 2022