U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 62-year-old male asked:

Good evening doctors. once in a while i get a noise in my ear like the sound that is made by a childs squeeze toy....the noise is very intermittent and is in only one ear (right ear)...is the fact that it is in only one ear serious? is this tinnitus?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
Yes, it sounds like tinnitus that is sometimes hard to treat and may become significant enough to affect your quality of life. Would suggest starting with a thorough ENT evaluation with hearing test and with the help of your primary care doc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 25, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.