U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 61-year-old male asked:

Very good morning doctors! what is the treatment for symptoms of what i can best describe as the sound of an accordion or a child's squeeze toy coming from inside my ear? what may be causing these noises? how can prevent these in the future?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 54 years experience
Tinnitus: You have tinnitus, and there is no successful treatment that is easy. (Tinnitus masker does work). See an otolaryngologist and have your ears and hearing checked. Find out if there is something obvious that can be reversed or managed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 16, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.