U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old female asked:

My father suffers from tinnitus, i think. a sound keeps ringing in his ears. what to do and which doctor to consult? thanks!

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ralph Kingsford
Pediatrics 37 years experience
See ENT specialist: Tinnitus can be caused by a variety of conditions Including: Normal aging and hearing loss Loud noise Medicines, including some antibiotics, anti-seizure medicines, and painkillers Head or neck injuries Certain diseases I suggest that you have your dad see an Ear Nose & Throat specialist
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 14, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.