U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old female asked:

I am 17 years old and have had pulsatile tinnitus for a year and a half in my right ear. do i need to consult a doctor? is this condition serious?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
High blood pressure is an unlikely cause. You ought to consult an ENT doctor. A year and half is too long to wait to get your ear checked out. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 22, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.