U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 61-year-old male asked:

Hi doctors. i'm hearing a noise from inside my ears that sounds like the sound of an accordion or a child's squeeze toy? it seems to come and go, but was worse when i get up and/or move around. any ideas please?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Tinnitus: Is a poorly understood condition, sometimes with easily treatable causes, some other times difficult to treat if it involves damage to the inner ear. Start with your primary care doc who can further coordinate a thorough ENT evaluation as needed. Keep a log of your symptoms with circumstances possibly triggering them.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 15, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.