A member asked:

My four year old boy was just diagnosed with a mild case of autism, should i start mid's or see what therapy can do? is he going to get better? thnx

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. James DuRant answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Receiving a diagnosis is very difficulty, but know that there are extensive resource networks to help your child and your family. Depending on your location, medicaid or the local school district will help to provide you services like speech, aba therapy, and other services which will help with the symptoms. Discuss this with your pediatrician seek out a developmental pediatrician.

Answered Mar 31, 2015


Dr. Johanna Fricke answered

Specializes in Pediatrics - Developmental and Behavioral

Intensive educational & behavioral therapy. Call your public school district's child find team for assessment of overall development & specific testing for the degree of autism to determine eligibility for early childhood special education. They'll develop an individualized educational plan with you. Also, seek referral to a developmental/behavioral pediatrician & child neuropsychologist.

Answered Oct 22, 2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor