U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

I went to get tested for stds, started to feel discomfort & sores around my vulva. my lab results came back positive for yi and bv. also, hsv-1. could the hsv-1 be in my genital region? is it possible to test positive for hsv1 and have it down ther?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 36 years experience
Yes it is. Pl be careful.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 13, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.