United Kingdom

Hey, is it normal for me to to able to feel lymph nodes below my ears beneath the skin? i'm very very slim and i feel a lymph node at my right and left ear there been there for 2-3 years. i also have pea sized nodes around my body too like in my neck?

Dr. Kevin Maloney
42 years experience
Yes, "can" be normal
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Hello. Lymph nodes are numerous within the neck as well as behind the ears. The closest locations where we can feel these nodes are in the neck, underarms and in the “bikini line” or inguinal area. If the nodes are able to be felt but no change in size, then they are most probably benign. Show your doctor on your next well check just to be sure. Any nodes the size of a marble, needs urgent eval.
Last updated Nov 30, 2021