Auburn, ME

I hope you can help me. i just had 52 cc of fluid drained from my left knee. the day of the drainage i was walking out of the office into the hallway and took one step forward and my left knee painfullybuckled and gave out. is this normal? help?

Dr. Jerome Zacks
Cardiology 52 years experience
Your knee merits a re-examination by an orthopedic surgeon, including a careful physical exam and possibly an MRI to clarify the pathoanatomy.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Draining the knee always helps for both diagnostic and treatment purposes. Your fall is not likely to be related to the procedure, but rather to the pathology behind it. Next step would be to follow up tightly with your doc who performed the arthrocentesis in order to have it diagnosed and treated properly.

Last updated Nov 1, 2021