South Africa

I injured my left ankle. can hardly walk or bear any weight on it. it is bruised, swollen and tender to the touch. i want to cry every time i touch it to treat it at home. help please?

Your description does not provide the data needed to decide if this is a strain or a break. Failure to get proper care for a break can result in failure to heal and permanent disability. Early treatment with rest, elevation of the foot above the heart, cold compresses the 1st 24 hrs can help reduce swelling. If it does not improve in 2 days get evaluated.
Pathology 50 years experience
Agree with Dr. Ferguson. I would recommend seeing a doctor at your earliest. x-ray may be needed to rule out fracture. Wish you good health!

Last updated Oct 27, 2021