I have somehow injured my left ankle. i'm not sure if it is sprained, or there's a hairline fracture, as it's so painful even to bear weight on it or walk. i am limping very badly. it is very swollen, bruised and tender to the touch. please help me?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Clarence Grim answered

Specializes in Endocrinology

I recommend you see someone there who can examine you and order an X-ray if indicated to see what is going on.

Answered Oct 26, 2021

0 views

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

The Ottawa rules are usually used in assessing for the need for imaging for ankle injuries and either your doc or a local urgent care should be able to assess. It does sound that you suffered at least a severe sprain.

Answered Oct 26, 2021

0 views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

Your symptoms warrant an in-person assessment and likey and x-ray examination. It would be prudent to see your doctor.

Answered Oct 27, 2021

0 views