Fostoria, OH

I have a very swollen ankle and calf it's very tender to the touch and it gets like this if i stand or walk could it be a blood clot in my ankle?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Evaluate ASAP.: There is, most certainly, a high degree of suspicion for a blood clot. There are other possibilities, but none with the devastating potential results of a clot. Your next move should be to an urgent care clinic to remove all doubt. It might not be wise to over think this. Have the leg evaluated ASAP.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
Sore ankle: Not likely but if I knew your age and if you were on BCPs I could give better help. Discuss with your Dr. You can never give me too much information.
Last updated Jun 22, 2017