I had covid 3 weeks ago, all my symptoms are gone besides a lingering cough that wont go away no matter all the meds and salt water rinses ive tried. im scared to go to the doctor and risk getting anyone sick but what can i do to get rid of this?

Give it some time. A cough is a protective mechanism used to move debris from deep in the lung up to areas where it can be expelled. When your lungs heal to the point this is no longer needed it will stop, which can take a couple months. Stay hydrated, rested & well fed and you are doing the best to support natural healing.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 38 years experience
If you have any fever, trouble breathing or increase in sputum, please see your physician. A cough lingering longer than 4 weeks may be assessed by your physician. A virtual consult with Healthtap is available.