Er doctor found no joint issues. they only found lower impacted wisdom teeth only and was removed later. many dentists said upper wisdom are not impacted. nothing has diagnosed me with tmj. and i have jaw popping and my jaw moves left when opening?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Have you seen an oral surgeon or an ENT? You may have joint issues that are unrelated to your teeth.

Answered 8/25/2021

0 views

See a dentist for a proper exam and diagnosis of your problem. The ER is not the best place for this kind of problem. It takes a dentist that is trained in this area to treat a TMJ joint problem

Answered 9/25/2021

0 views

Dr. Robert Mokbel answered

Specializes in Dentistry

You definitely need an MRI of the joints, to determine the reason. Most likely the disc inside the joint is being displaced, and you need to see a specialist in TMJ to evaluate the MRI and to examine your bite. A splint therapy and/or joint surgery may be needed. Stay safe.

Answered 9/25/2021

0 views