United Kingdom

I was diagnosed with vasculitis 15 months ago..i had a 6 month course of chemo and have been taking various tablets including immune suppressants to control the vasculitis. ...i have been double jabbed earlier this year....how much immunity do i have?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
It depends on the immunosuppressive medication you took at the time of the vaccination. If just Prednisone, chance immunity is probably above 50% at your age. But if you are taking stronger medication such as Mycophenolate, chance of producing antibody is likely less than 30%. I think you are a candidate for a third shot regardless of the immunosuppressive med you are taking at this time.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
FDA just approved a booster shot for immunosuppressed individuals in US on increasing evidence for limited/ non lasting immunity in such individuals. Otherwise it is impossible to estimate immunity in individuals affected by autoimmune diseases and on immunosuppressants without specific tests.

Last updated Aug 14, 2021