United Kingdom

I am a 69 year old man who has exercised regularly all my life. i have a resting h r of about 45 bpm. i ran yesterday in hot conditions. about 48 minutes max heart rate 135, average 120 bpm. resting h r overnight and since is about 70. feel ok. why?

I congratulate you on your fondness for exercise. It is well known that hot weather can increase your heart rate abnormally and can put you at risk for heat stroke. This is a well documented effect. My advice? Go to the gym to exercise when the weather is hot and humid. I do not understand what you mean by "Why?". Please discuss this with experts in exercise physiology. Wish you good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 22, 2021