Is it possible to have bleeding in your colon without blood in stool? my hgb is below 7.1, my bowels are slushy and full of mucus but no blood in stool or towel. could this still mean i am losing blood from the colon?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Yes, while sometimes the bleeding is macroscopic or visible, many other times the bleeding is microscopic and the stool can be easily checked for blood traces through different methods, some available commercially, under fecal occult blood test. Best would be to keep your main docs involved, primary care doc and gastroenterologist, so that decisions are made in proper context.

Answered 7/10/2021

0 views

How much blood are you losing during your menstrual periods? While it is important to exclude bleeding in the GI tract, excessive menstrual blood loss is a more likely cause of your anemia. While the cause is being settled by your doctor, take oral iron and multivitamins to keep the anemia from getting worse. Wish you good health!

Answered 7/11/2021

0 views

You say there's no blood in your stool. Has it been tested, or is thisnjust Fromm your visual examination? Please see your GPto be properly evaluated and tested.

Answered 7/14/2021

0 views