U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old female asked:

I have a bump on my hand which is as hard as a bone. it has been there for about 3 months. when i first got it there was a bruise over it, now there's none, it still hurts when touched. can any1 tell me what the bump is? do i need to visit my doctor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Steven McCornack
Anesthesiology 35 years experience
These cysts are fairly common and if it bothers you it can be surgically removed. See an orthopedic surgeon or hand specialist. They may want to do scans, radiographs, ultrasound and labwork
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 8, 2021
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.