IL

I recently got a deep cut on my palm and index finger. where i got stitches on my palm and all around that area is numb, also my whole pinky on that hand. its been 6 days today since it happened. is this normal?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Frequently, lacerations in the skin result in severed nerve endings or inflammation that compresses nerves causing numbness. Over time (months, not days) many of these nerve endings either heal or new ones are routed to the area. It is common to have numb areas near traumatic injuries. Be careful of the area to avoid further injuries and work with a physical therapist to regain function.

Last updated Jul 6, 2021