Slightly high lipids in march in 2 months now sudden increase in cholesterol with very high ldl and triglycerides. normal tsh , sugar, cbc liver panel , healthy diet, weight and exercise frequently . could this be an early sign of pancreatic cancer?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Hiep Le answered

Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis

I am not sure why you correlate the lipid panel with pancreatic cancer. There is no such thing by my knowledge. In general within 2 months of same diet, exercise and stable weight your lipid panel should not change that much unless there was an error with either test. You should have it repeated by the same lab facility with fasting overnight before deciding a treatment plan.

Answered 5/27/2021

0 views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

Change in lipids is not associated with pancreatic cancer. Very high triglyceride levels, more than 1000 mg/dL can cause pancreatitis. If you gained weight, that may explain the change in lipids. It would be prudent to see your doctor as more history, physical examination and some tests may be need to evaluate your health. Wish you good health!

Answered 5/27/2021

0 views