United Kingdom

My leg and foot are swollen there was a boil on my chin which has burst - i have cleaned it put a dressing on it and a bandage - there is no pain for a while then sudden a pin like pain then it weeps - its a clear soluction - what is your advice?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
You have leg edema and a boil on your chin. These two things can be related or separate issue. Do you have any disease such as kidney, heart or liver which can cause lower extremity swelling (edema) or this edema only occurred a week or more after the skin infection? The exudative lesion on your chin is not much of a concern compared with the leg edema. We need more info about your health history.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. Your symptoms are of sufficient concern and potential complications that it would be prudent to see a doctor, at the earliest. You should consider going to the hospital now. Wish you good health!
Last updated May 10, 2021