United Kingdom

Why do my veins in my wrists neck head ankles and feet feel tender and swollen. lots of blue veins in my legs both baricose and spider. what causes?

Dr. John Ricotta
Vascular Surgery 49 years experience
Maybe bad valves : One reason is xs fluid or poor heart function. However at your age if you are in good health and active , poorly functioning valaves in the veins of your legs may cause blood to pool there . This would not explain the veins in .your arms and neck Sometimes normal veins arr prominent in thin people
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 17, 2018