PA

I got ct scan of abdomen and pelvis with iv contrast. the last time i got a ct scan last year they gave me oral and iv contrast but not oral contrast today. will this impact anything since they used iv contrast but not oral?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
Oral contrast is only important if they look for abnormality of the hollow organs in the abdomen such as stomach, intestine or colon. Generally, CT of the abdomen and pelvis with both oral and IV contrast is preferred by radiologist than IV contrast alone for reading the images. However, sometimes because of the urgency of the test, oral contrast cannot be done.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 30, 2021