Louisville, KY

I had a ct scan of my abdomen and pelvis without contrast where mild levoscoliosis was found. there are mild degenerative changes of the lumbar spine. there is mild levoscoliosis. does this condition gets worse over time? im 32 years old?

Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Parkanswered
Unlikely: In contrast, Scoliosis (spinal curvature) found in early adolescent age often progresses. By the way, CT scanning is not a good diagnostic tool for scoliosis.
Dr. Jeffrey Gross
Neurosurgery 29 years experience
Spine "condition": At 32, it has probably gotten as bad as it will get. The prevent worsening in older years, do yoga and spinal strengthening. Swimming is good too. I doubt it is giving you any pain. If it is, follow the activity and rehab instructions in this response. Thanks.

Last updated Sep 9, 2020