ID

I had a complement total 50 done with c3-c4 but dr only did total ch50 and it is 60 , i also have autoimmune diseases hashimotos ,sle,ra,mctd and my crp is very very low 5 is this of concern as my dr is not sure , just said it is your autoimm?

Dr. Arnold Lentnek
Dr. Arnold Lentnekanswered
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Complex issue. Yes, your Dr is probably right and trivial elevation of CH50 is probably due to ongoing pro-inflammatory state due to underlying autoimmune disease. Need to speak with a Rheumatologist
Pathology 50 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, your issue is more complex that is feasible to address in this forum. Wish you good health!

Last updated Apr 10, 2021