U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 62-year-old male asked:

Have bilateral iliac artery endofibrosis. am 62yrs of age. what could happen if i wanted to continue cycling. i cycle on a daily basis and do racing as well. is there a vascular surgeon in pe who understands disease. doc levine in joburg diagnosed?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 59 years experience
ENDOfibrois is not a common term. Please give more details. Does your family have a cholesterol problem? Di u smoke? If atherosclerosis the the Ornish diet has been shown to help. Go to uptodate.com and read more. I would see someone who is an expert in lipids. There are several in South Africa. I have even published with one but can’t recall name at the moment but think it’s starts with a K
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 15, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.