United Kingdom

My white blood cell count shows as 91 x10^6/l my doc has wrote abnormal but not said whether high or low. i recently had gallbladder surgery and doc recorded mild splenomegaly 127mm. would this be the cause? blood test was before surgery*?

Pathology 51 years experience
Need more info: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, your white cell count is in the normal range. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Best: Would be to follow up following surgery with your GP or primary care doc who should have access to your results and history and be able to interpret them in the right context. Suspect your WBC was 9.1 or 9100 which will be normal and not 91000 that will be unusually high. An enlarged spleen is not always abnormal and may be transient.
Last updated Feb 27, 2021