Although my creatinine is 0.45 and my bun is 9 for 2020 and have not underlying health conditions. i had a urine test done in which i had trace protein and everything else was normal. is that concerning?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Trace protein: A trace of protein in a random urine specimen is usually not significant. Normal BUN&creatinine can be present even in cases of significant proteinuria. A normal microscopic examination of your urine & a 24 hour specimen of urine to measure total protein could definitively rule out a kidney problem or you could simply submit another clean catch urine sample to see if there's still protein present
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 19, 2021