AZ

had a colonoscopy. and they found a 6mm polypoid at the ileocecal valve. the notes on my paper say the lesion was polypoid, no bleeding. mucosa was biopsied for histology should i be concerned about this?

Pathology 49 years experience
Biopsy results: What did the biopsy show. A polypoid lesion can be many things from a fat pad to carcinoma. You and your doctor may wish to talk to the pathologist who examined the biopsy specimen. Wish you good health!
Neurology 52 years experience
Need to communicate: The involved pathologist can explain the results, and the other practitioners involved can guide future management. You state you are "concerned about this"; so, pursue the answers and calm or address your fears.