Can the head break from the neck? like the skull fracture from the spine?is that checked by a ct scan?my jaw was hit upwards and hit the top of skull hard. doctors so far say no fractures.my speech is badly affected. i get nightguard soon.whats wrong?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Bennett Machanic answered

Specializes in Neurology

From what you say, sounds like you injured your jaw, and this has affected your articulation. The night guard will help but it takes time. Good to hear about absence of fractures, as some broken necks are devastating. Be patient, give it time, and ask your doctors for answers to your concerns.

Answered Feb 9, 2021

12 views