Baton Rouge, LA

I was in the backseat of a car and when going over a speedbump i bounced up and my head contacted the roof.could this cause a serious neck injury or c spine fracture? worried about the axial loading mechanism. or is the force not strong enough?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Neck injury: You apparently didn't injure the vertebrae or spinal cord which would have been serious injuries. However a milder injury would be a whiplash type where muscles and/or ligaments are strained. This can result in neck pain and stiffness for varying periods of time.
Last updated Feb 17, 2020