Canada

Will my second labor and delivery go by quicker ? with my daughter it took 15 hours to dilate (with augmentation due to being strep b + with waters broken. i was 1cm when admitted). had to wait 2hrs for her to move down and i pushed for 1hr20mins?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Express trip: The cervix has now been initially dilated and generally future dilatation goes more expeditiously shortening labor. That is why patients who have had multiple pregnancies vaginally often take the "express elevator" down with future pregnancies.

Last updated Dec 13, 2020