I'm worried about brain eating amoebas as i accidentally got some water at the bottom of my nose and breathed it up the water from the upstairs bathroom sink and am concerned that it might have grown amoebas in in england and cant find any caseonline?

Dr. Leslie Wynne iii
38 years experience
Safe: The "brain-eating" ameba, Nagleria fowleri, is most commonly contracted by swimming or diving in a pond or lake containing the organism. It would not be found in sink water, so you're probably fine.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 23, 2020