Hello i'm worried about brain eating amoebas as i had eaten really spicy food and it was burning just above my top lip and i went to the bathroom and soaked a towel in wet water and i got a bit up my nose i live in england and is this safe?

Dr. Leslie Wynne iii
38 years experience
Below: The brain-eating amoeba, Nagleria fowleri, is contracted by swimming and/or immersion in ponds or lakes that harbor the parasite. You should be fine.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Neurology 53 years experience
Do not worry: You can be almost certain that you have had no contact with amoebas under the circumstances you described.
Last updated Dec 10, 2020