Lake Oswego, OR

Hi i am currently being seen for anxiety and depression - effexor xr 75 and zoloft 100 mg. i am still experiencing trouble sleeping, concentration, and restlessness. i see my primary this friday and have been seeing her for almost 6 months. any recommendations on what to ask her to try or maybe increase for these issues? medication?

Dr. Cyma Khalily
TAKE ONE AND MAXIMIZ: I do not think that the medication regimen that you are on would be my choice. You should take either the Effexor or the Zoloft and not both. There is duplication My suggestion would be to maximize the Effexor and taper off the Zoloft. Effexor has a dual mechanism of action when you increase and it can go up to 225mg or even300mg. Perhaps see a psychiatrist that specializes in this.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Zoloft with Effexor: I understand your distress. “trouble sleeping, concentration, and restlessness” are likely side effects of Zoloft 100mg/day Using Zoloft with Effexor can increase the risk of serious Serotonin syndrome. Please see a Psychiatrist for: • Diagnosis of Depression, Anxiety and Medication Interaction of Zoloft with Effexor • Discuss severity of symptoms and dose of medication needed. • Therapy
Pathology 49 years experience
Yes: Do discuss with your doctor about changing the dose or type of medication. In addition exercise regularly. 30 minutes of aerobic exercise each morning will do wonders for your mood and energy. Not easy to do and you will have to push yourself to do it regularly. Wish you good health!

Last updated Nov 24, 2020