Australia

What would be the symptoms of a blood clot in the body so you would know to get checked out?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Depends: It depends upon what part of the body the vein or artery that has the clot is in. In a brain artery, a stroke occurs. In a leg vein, calf pain and swelling occur. In the eye, visual disturbances occur. In a coronary artery, a classic heart attack occurs. In a leg artery, leg pain,pallor and coldness develops. I hope I answered your question satisfactorily.
Dr. Charles Turck
Pharmacology 17 years experience
See below: Symptoms of a blood clot in the arms or legs include swelling in the area, pain or tenderness, reddish or bluish skin discoloration, and warm to touch. Symptoms of a blood clot in the lung include sudden shortness of breath, chest pain, rapid heart rate, and an unexplained cough. You should get medical attention right away if you experience these symptoms.

Last updated Nov 12, 2020