U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 56-year-old female asked:

Hello dr. i am a doctor myself. in the last 36 hrs i started with flu like symptoms: chills, body pains, dry cough, extreme tiredness and feverish (37,6). it is my opinion i should be tested for covid 19. would you agree? could you refer me?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
COVID 19 testing: HealthTap's free, public site is for education. We can't provide you with referrals on this portion of HealthTap. In South Africa- one consults with a medical provider who will determine need for COVID 19 testing. Consult your local primary care provider or use resources like “Talk –to-Doctor” on HealthTap. In USA testing policies vary by state.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 21, 2020
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.