good day, my wife just visited a gp at medipark centurion who felt it is not necessary to conduct a covid-19 test. she has flu-like symptoms, a dry cough and measured a slight fever of 37.4c. we have a two week old infant at home and my mom who is 61?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
35 years experience Pediatric Pulmonology
Avoid contact: She should avoid contact with your mom. Good hand washing, keeping surfaces clean and keeping a distance from household members may reduce transmission. She should stay at home for 7 days after the resolution of symptoms. To feed the baby, Dad or another member of the family may feed the baby to allow her to rest and avoid contact with the baby while ill. If the baby becomes ill, M.D. to see.
Answered on Apr 5, 2020