United Kingdom

I get pvcs and pjcs and runs on atrial tachycardia. my resting heart rate is 46 in a morning. is it dangerous for me to be on a beta blocker? what else can i have for my heart rhythm?

Dr. Amir Nagavi
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Bradycardia: Your heart rate is definitely on the low side, and in my experience, very few people tolerate any lower than 45 bpm without feeling lightheaded/faint/fainting. I presume your resting HR is greater than 46 when not on a beta blocker? There certainly are other drugs such as flecainide and others that a good internist or cardiologist could start you on for control of abnormal atrial rhythms.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 13, 2020