San Jose, CA

Hello- what is the normal accepted absolute lymphocytes range for a 33 year old male? every site and lab has a different number. thanks. also, would drinking a bottle of water right before the blood test dilute my blood a lot and affect the results?

Dr. Miles Mitchell
Specializes in Family Medicine
It's variable: Lab-to-lab variability is because of differences in equipment and techniques. Doctor's are trained to make good decisions despite these challenges in comparing results, and from my own experience I can attest that it is not a problem.
Pathology 50 years experience
Water not an issue: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, it would have helped had you provided the actual count. Drinking water is not material. Wish you good health!

Last updated Jul 8, 2020