my urine is a dark orange almost red color i cant tell if its blood or not, i am a 19 year old female, urine changes color after drinking water to a light pale yellowish clear then goes back to orange after a couple hours.. ? nothing hurts me

Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
See hematologist: Dark or reddish-brown urine is often an early symptom of an Acute intermittent porphyria, a condition from abnormal breakdown of red blood cells from enzyme defect.It may be mistaken for hematuria [blood in the urine] The abnormal color is due to accumulation of pigments called porphyrins and/or porphobilin in the urine. The abnormal urine coloration may lessen or return to normal between attacks.